Come try out our bouldering wall which accommodates climbers of any skill level.
The HPC climbing wall also allows you checkout equipment while using the climbing wall. All daily equipment must be returned to their respective areas by the close of business. Equipment can be borrowed with a ID Card or D-Number.
Is any climbing experience required?
Absolutely no experience is necessary! Our wall has a variety of routes to climb, from novice to expert.
What are the HPC climbing/bouldering wall hours of operation?
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 3-10pm
- Tuesday, Thursday: 6-9am, 3-10pm
- Saturday: 4-8pm
- Sunday: Closed
What types of climbing does the HPC climbing wall offer?
The climbing wall offers climbing, and bouldering and sport climbing route.
How do I check out the equipment needed to climb?
To climb the wall, a harness and shoes are required. This gear can be checked out by presenting your UT Student ID Card to the Climbing Wall Desk – Equipment Issue located next to the climbing wall.
Is the HPC climbing wall open to alumni or the general public?
The climbing wall is not currently open to alumni nor the general public; however, the gym may be rented out for $100/hr. For more information, please contact the climbing wall coordinator at email@example.com.
Can gear be rented for climbing? What is the cost?
Yes, we provide harnesses, shoes, and belay devices free of cost to current students.
Do I need a partner, or can I climb by myself?
There are several options if you don’t have a climbing partner.
- We currently have 5 auto-belays, which allow individuals to climb every sport rout on our wall without a belay partner.
- If you wish to use ropes, but don’t have a climbing partner, our staff are belay certified and always willing to belay you on any roped climb.
- Bouldering does not require ropes or a partner, and is a great way to climb individually.
How do I get belay certified?
Ask one of our climbing wall specialists at any time during your visit and they can pass you off on belay skill
Who can give me Climbing Tips?
On your visit ask our Climbing Wall Specialist about:
- Bouldering Wall Tips
- Climbing Wall Tips
- Weight Shifting
- Body Positioning
- Handholds & Route Reading
- Climbing Footwork
- Problem solving on Routes
- Climbing Conditioning
- Top Roping
- Sport Climbing Tips
What climbing clinic(s) do you offer?
- Intro to climbing on September 3rd
- Ladies climbing clinic on October 1st
What is the MyClimb App?
The MyClimb App – provides the knowledge, tools and community, to help people improve and enjoy their climbing
For more information visit their website.